I registered with driver whiz to update drivers on my windows pc.paid $29.

when i tried to activate,tech support told me there were errors on computer preventing downloads. for an additional $110 they could fix, clean up, etc. I just reloaded my operating system a day ago and have not chosen a security program yet, and didn't feel ready to commit to these guys. I asked them if I did clean up work, etc myself or through others, would I still be able to use the basic driver whiz service i've already paid for.

Tech told me "no".

Seems like misleading advertising.Tech was not helpful in providing refund information.

Had an Experience with Driver Whiz?

Comments

Perth, Western Australia, Australia #1208440

I've just gone through exactly the same experience as above, After downloading and installing Driver Whiz I was asked to phone a number to Activate it which I did, only to be told the software was useless and my real problem was in the "BRAIN" where an error was causing critical errors.Well the only problem I had was that I wanted to uninstall and reinstall my windows 10 bluetooth with latest drivers.

Up to then the computer was running fine. I was advised that the CSRSS.exe was a serious virus, turns out that's total BS. CSRSS.EXE is a perfectly legitimate windows file that "CAN BE" corrupted and used as a trojan. As a person who's been working with computers most of my life, I feel like a total *** now for not doing the research.

Now need to make sure I can unwind any damage or potential damage they could do.

He steered me into allowing an online tech support session and I'm sure installing the software did the damage.Don't touch Driver Whiz - whatever you do.