i downloaded driver whiz, then was routed to a 800 number. the man requested access to my computer, then he wouldnt leave when i told him to.

he locked my computer up until i finally kicked him out. is the driver whiz i downloaded connected to these scammer? i paid 39.99 for it. i have to enter 100 words to make this possible?

ok here i go, i dont know what else to say except im typing 100 words to complete this complaint. i am curious to know what is going on and why i was re-directed in the first place.

i need 10 more words now, so here you go. thanks

Product or Service Mentioned: Driver Whiz Technical Support.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 14, 2017.

Comments

Why would anyone allow access to a computer ?

Especially someone with an 800 number ?

You never told us what you were trying to do in the first place.

Sympathy level = -1

to Fred #1438597

I made the same mistake recently, but sometimes it's kind of easy to do. I had Verizon FiOS for years.

A while back Verizon sold their email to AOL. Then Verizon sold FiOS to Frontier Communications (worst company ever, but that's another post). I had a problem with email, so, not knowing exactly where to turn, I called Frontier. They said I had to call AOL.

I said, can you give me their phone number. They said, just a minute, then gave me an 800 number to call, which I did. Now, thinking, because my internet service provider had given me the number, I believed I was talking to AOL support, an assumption the Indian guy confirmed. Except that I wasn't.

And, yes, I let the "AOL rep" login to my machine. I'll skip the rest, except to say that, upon further examination, I figured out the the Frontier rep had just looked on Google for the AOL number and given me an 800 number that was contained in AN AD.I don't know who's dumber, me or Frontier, but I'm the one put at risk.

And when I called Frontier to suggest they tighten up their tech support procedures so as not to give out phony phone numbers to their customers, they told me there was nothing they could do about it! (As I said above, worst company ever).